- Biological development and behaviour: Brain development, Early development, Ageing, Brain plasticity
- Nervous system disorders and behavioural disorders: Neurodevelopmental disorders, Mental disorders, Neurodegenerative diseases, Animal models, Acquired brain damage, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, Psychotropic drugs
- Sensory and motor systems: Disease and disorders of sensory and motor systems, Development of sensory and motor systems, Animal models.
- Endocrine system, immune system and psychoneuroimmunology: Stress, endocrine and immune disorders, Animal models.
- Sleep and biological rhythms: Sleep disorders, Circadian rhythms of behaviours.
- Psychobiology of cognition and emotion: Neuropsychology, Learning and memory, Perception, Language, Social behaviour, Reasoning and executive functions, Attention, Motivation.
- Behavioural genetics. Epigenetic factors in behaviour.
- Ethology, Neuroethology, Evolution and behaviour.
- Methods and Techniques in Psychobiology: Analysis of behaviour, Statistical analysis of behaviour, Structure and function of biological tissues and organs, Neuroimaging techniques, Psychophysiological methods and techniques.